Thursday, 10 July 2008
10 BEST TIPS - INTERSTATE FURNITURE REMOVAL
By Jim Baker – CEO, Magic Movers Removals
Undertaking your interstate furniture removal in Australia is fairly straight forward, though there are ten tips you should consider when undertaking such a move:
1. Hire a professional. They move furniture interstate for a living and are fully cognisant with all the techniques, pitfalls and other issues involved, making your move as smooth as possible.
2. Shop around for different quotes from interstate furniture removal companies. This benefits you by allowing you to budget properly, including initial transportation of your furniture and any other necessary expenses.
3. Get professional help or a packing service to get professionally packed furniture for interstate removals. There are numerous companies across Australia that offers this service. Alternatively, pack your furniture yourself using professional packing tips and the appropriate packing materials.
4. Always get insurance for your interstate furniture removals, either through the moving company you choose or local Australian insurance companies.
5. On moving day, listen carefully to the interstate furniture removers as for safety and health tips for moving heavier items. Better still; allow them to move the bigger things to avoid personal injury.
6. If you are packing the moving truck yourself or container, put the most valuable items at the back, packing all things from bottom to top in order of the heaviest to lightest. Alternatively allow the interstate furniture removals company you hired to load the truck or container to avoid accidents or damage.
7. Consult with your interstate furniture removals company before moving home for advise on all aspects of moving.
8. In the event that accidents or a crisis may occur during the interstate furniture removal of your property between Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane and beyond, discuss procedures and your wishes with the company you choose.
9. To save money and for more convenience, pick an interstate furniture removals company that offers multiple services at reasonable rates. These additional services may include temporary storage, insurance and other things.
10. Check the references and reputations of all interstate furniture removals companies in your area of Australia before choosing one to handle our belongings. Price does not always equal quality.
Moving across Australia and undertaking interstate furniture removals does not have to be complicated if you follow these ten tips. Whether moving from Sydney to Brisbane or into the far reaches of the Outback, moving should be as stress free as possible, with few problems as possible.
Although the risks to your belongings are greater the further the move is, hiring a professional and established interstate furniture removals company can take the headaches out any move . . and guarantee your furniture arrives safely, on time and lovingly cared for by people who take your move seriously.
Remember never hesitate to ask your mover for old-fashioned advice – they are the experts!